»

Sunday, October 7, 2012

CYG - Day 7 - What to Say


Day 7 is “what to say.”  There are actually about a zillion things that are appropriate and helpful to say to someone who is hurting.  I remember getting many cards that warmed my broken heart.  The sweet words that people sent to us to tell us how sorry they were for our loss and how they were praying for us were so comforting.  It was really nice to know that we weren’t all alone.

Almost 2 years later, it does my heart so good to hear people just say her name.  Remember my girl.  Remember that we love her still and miss her always.  Tell us that you still think of her, of us, and our family.

When all else fails, just tell us that you’re sorry.  If you can’t think of anything to say, just say you’re sorry.  If you’re terribly uncomfortable, it’ll be obvious (and probably the opposite of helpful) if you force more, so just keep it simple. “I’m sorry.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment