»

Monday, January 7, 2013

Difficult Days

Gosh, I've gotten so bad at blogging.  I hate it, because I really do have a lot to say, I'm just struggling to get it typed out.  

Our little family had a busy, but nice Christmas and New Year.  I want to, and plan to, update soon with pictures and memories, but today isn't that day.

Today, my heart is heavy for a friend.  She was one of the people who came to me in the early days after losing Caroline to share her story of loss, a baby boy in the 20th week.  I was so happy to have someone, in person, that had experienced so many of the terrible things that I had in losing my first child.  Her name is Jessica.  She is a wonderful mother, wife, and friend.  I'm so thankful to have her in my life.  She was pregnant with a baby boy named Cooper, 24 weeks along, and went to the doctor for a routine check this past Thursday and no heartbeat could be found.  Those words give me chills and make me nauseous.  Little Cooper passed away, and the world crashed down around that family's shoulders for a second time.  

It's been a whirlwind of visits and plans and details for them since then. She is currently at the hospital going through the induction process. My heart breaks for them, and I'm requesting any prayers and positive thoughts you can offer be sent up for them. 

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your friend! That has to be awful:( I am the same, whenever I hear of bad news about a child I get awful chills and am so sick to my stomach, just because I know exactly what they are feeling and it sucks. I will pray for her and her family. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. Many prayers for baby Cooper and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sad! I can't imagine the complete heartbreak of going through that awfulness more than once. Prayers for your sweet friend!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. :( Thinking of Jessica and her little Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh heavens. This is just unfair. I hate hearing about more babies... and that the worst thing possible can happen multiple times to one family.

    Does she blog? I'd love to support her with words... if not, send her love from this very large, babyloss community (sadly...).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending love to Jessica, her family and her precious babies xoxo

    ReplyDelete